2019 Competitive Travel Tryouts Start May 13th!
MUST READ BEFORE YOU REGISTER FOR TRYOUTS!
Tryouts will be held from May 13-22, 2019. 2019 Tryout Schedule
If a player is unable to attend a tryout with the appropriate age group, please make an effort to inform the Director of Coaching, JC Gonzalez, to make alternative plans. We will consider make-up days for those players who miss tryouts.
Competitive Travel Soccer is a 9-10 month program designed for boys and girls that exhibit intermediate to advance skill levels and make a commitment to participate in the most competitive leagues and tournaments in South Florida, Florida and nationally. Players will be trained by licensed coaches who will assist in all aspects of skills development to enable players to perform at their fullest potential.
Season: August 15, 2019 – May 26, 2020 (Elite 2001-2005 teams expected to start August 5, 2019)
Practices: Monday, Wednesday & Friday or Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
League Games: Saturday & Sunday
Tournaments:* Typically Played on Holiday Weekends, including Monday
* All teams will be expected to play a minimum of 3 tournaments per year (one will require overnight stay), and 13 and over teams will be required to play in either Commissioner’s Cup, President’s Cup or Florida State Cup competitions in the Spring
PLAYER EVALUATION AND SELECTION
Player performance is evaluated during tryouts, training, scrimmages, and/or games. Only the Director of Coaching and the coach of the team will discuss the player evaluation and selection. The coach assigned to each team will determine the player selections, with the help of additional coaches whom will serve as evaluators to assist the team coaches. Our coaches have been carefully selected, and the coaching assessment of players is what KEY BISCAYNE SOCCER CLUB relies on for player selection.
Tryouts are held once a year prior to the beginning of the season on August 1, 2019 and continuing through Memorial Day Weekend 2020. Players must try out for their appropriate age groups. Our licensed coaches are looking to pick the BEST possible players to create the best possible team environment to promote development, following the below mentioned criteria:
|1. Technical Proficiency: (skill) receiving, passing, dribbling, shooting, heading, juggling, and use of both feet.|
|2. Tactical Awareness: ability to read the game, decision-making with and without the ball, vision, position, marking, timing, and anticipation.|
|3. Physical Ability: strength, speed, endurance, coordination, and agility.|
|4. Personality Traits: strength of character, discipline, leadership, charisma, competitiveness, creativity, and ability to take instruction.|
|5. Commitment: regular attendance and participation in team practice, games, tournaments and club functions.|
Each team will be placed in the appropriate league and division, based on skill level assessment made by the coach and Director of Coaching. The most competitive teams may be eligible to play in the Florida State Premier League (FSPL) which requires six (6) overnight travel weekends during the season. In addition, our older, more competitive teams, will be encouraged to participate in several national or regional showcase tournaments. Most Showcase tournaments require overnight stay and provide the players the opportunity to play in front of college coaches and professional scouts. Finally, the most talented players 12 and over, will also have the opportunity to try out for the Miami Select FC (Miami-Dade County Select Club) and/or have the opportunity to try out for the Kendall Rush Development Academy.
When a player is selected for a Competitive Travel team, he or she, along with the parent(s) understand and acknowledge that they are making a significant commitment of personal time and there will be an additional financial commitment for the full season. THERE A NO REFUNDS.
Individuals selected to a KEY BISCAYNE SOCCER CLUB team will be notified by email and/or directly contacted by the coach on JUNE 1, 2019.
VERY IMPORTANT: Upon Notice of Selection via email and from the coach, players must confirm roster spots by JUNE 12, 2019. In order to secure the roster position, players must pay a NON-REFUNDABLE $325 Commitment Deposit. This deposit will be credited towards the player’s 2019/2020 club fees. The deposit is necessary to secure a player’s spot on the team. Failure to pay the required deposit by this date may result in the player being removed from the team.
Parents will have the option to pay in full or in installments. If they opt to pay by installments, it will consist of a total of (9) additional payments after the deposit. These payments will be charged to your credit card on file and scheduled for Aug 1, Sep 1, Oct 1, Nov 1, Dec 1, Jan 1, Feb 1, Mar 1, Apr 1.
Note: If paying by check, you are still required to register on-line to secure your child’s roster spot. Please indicate in the payment method that you are paying by check at the end of the registration. The online registration link to make deposits can be found under Club Payments. Checks should be made payable to: KB SOCCER, INC.
- All players are expected to participate at all weekly practices, league games, tournament games, overnight travel, and team meetings.
- When a player accepts an invite to join a Competitive Travel team, they are expected to contribute to the additional financial contributions to cover travel, lodging and tournament or league fees, even if the child is sick or cannot attend a particular game or tournament.
- Teams are expected to travel and lodge together at the same hotels to reduce travel expenses, hold team meetings and mitigate logistical challenges.
- Most tournaments are scheduled over Holiday weekends. Please review league and tournament dates with your coach and parents to avoid personal or academic conflicts, especially vacation holidays, religious events or academic testing dates. If you feel you cannot make the commitment, you should consider one of our less demanding recreational programs:
- JR Academy (Boys: ages 10-16)
- Recreation (Boys: ages 6-9 / Girls: 6-16)