Must be Printed, Read and Signed and turned into coach each year.
Key Biscayne Athletics CODE OF ETHICS
I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care, and encouragement for my child participating in youth sports by following this Parents’ and Players Code of Conduct:
1. I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game, practice or other youth sports event.
2. I will place the emotional and physical well being of my child ahead of my personal desire to win.
3. I will not harass, taunt, intimidate, or verbally abuse any officials , coaches, and players 4. I will not coach my child or interfere in any way with the coach & their decisions
5. I will always encourage my child, including times when they make mistakes; I will never criticize my child in front of anyone.
6. I will not send any emails, voicemails, or have verbal communication with my coach, Sport Director, or to other parents harassing, and /or showing disrespect to coaches or Program Manager; all complaints must be dealt respectfully & privately with the Coach and/or the Program Manager
7. I will support coaches and officials working with my child, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
8. I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco and alcohol and will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
9. I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or ability.
10. I will help my child enjoy the youth sports experience by doing whatever I can, such as being a respectful fan, assisting with coaching, serving as team parent, or providing transportation.
11. I will not cheer when an opposing team’s player makes a mistake; I will also not distract, criticize, or intimidate the other team’s players in any way
12. I will not cheat or engage in any form of unethical behavior
13. I will ensure that my child and my child’s other parent will abide by the condition of this Agreement
14. I agree to abide by any rulings made by the Disciplinary Committee regarding violations of the terms of this Agreement.
15. If I am a coach, I will not allow any players to participate on my team unless I have verified that they are on the original roster provided by the Village or have been subsequently registered and placed on my team by the Village.